Friday, November 14, 2008

Exams are history but life still carries on

It has been sometime since I have updated the blog. Been bogged down with work and try to do our best for the examinations. We prepared our best and sit for the test. We just need to sit and wait for our results. For us Christians, we lay our effort and our results to the Almighty God. Though our college life just ended but I realise that it is the beginning of the real journey to independence and dependence.

As international students and we realise that we need to do alot of things on our own. We have to feed ourselves, get up for school by ourselves (with the help of alarm clocks), do our homework and manage our finances. We have become students and homemakers at the same time. It may be a big issue for those who are travelling overseas for the first time but once you get the hang of it, the job gets more routine.

Over in Australia, several other students and I were going through this process of independence. The task seemed daunting at first but as time pass by, you have an idea of putting your priorities right. I might have an advantage from national service but that does not discount the fact that we need to count on the people around you for love and comfort. I am going to miss the things that has happened over the period of 9 months. It has come and gone.

So what is the next step? UWA? UQ? University of Melbourne? Geology? Landscape Archietecture? no.. I should just stick to Geology and Resource Economics at UWA. That is the first of the many steps of my life. To my friends out there, I shall see you soon.

No comments: